Is technology drawing your family together or driving it apart?
Join us for an important seminar of our times “Growing Up Social: Parenting Kids in an Age of Technology”. Guest Speaker is Arlene Pelicane.
- Date: Saturday, April 6, 2019 at 9:00am – 12:30PM.
- Location: Sherman Elementary School 301 22nd St, San Diego
- Cost: $10. Register and purchase tickets on line at
- Who should attend: Adults, age appropriate teens. No childcare provided.
In this digital age, the average child spends more than seven hours a day looking at a video game, computer, phone, or TV. What is all this screen time doing to a child’s brain and emotional development? The same technology that has improved our lives also has the potential to hinder children emotionally and intellectually if not closely monitored.
Based on her book, Growing Up Social: Raising Relational Kids in a Screen-Driven World, Arlene will talk about:
- Healthy boundaries with tech
- Emotional skills your children need (and that tech threaten)
- Keeping kids safe from predators and bullying
- Video game and social media addiction
- Parent/child covenants regarding tech
- Value of eye contact and real face time
- How technology can be used positively in your home